Saturday, February 21, 2009

Changes

Over the last couple of years I have made many changes in my life because of concerns for my health. I quit drinking beer a couple of years ago when I realized I could not go a day without it. I would shake, and get really sick if I did not have a beer. Then 14 months ago, New Years 2008 I gave up cigarettes. I had been a chronic tobacco user for 12 years. I never imagined I would give them up, but I am so glad that I did.

Imagine my surprise, after doing so much for my health. It was just a couple weeks after classes started last semester, when I started having dizzy spells, changes in my vision, and other symptoms. I went to the doctor and found out I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.

What a bummer! I had given up so many things that I loved and now I would have to give up sugar too!!! It was almost the end of the world to me. I am doing a lot better now, but sometimes I would really like some CHOCOLATE!!

Thanks for listening...I feel better already...almost as good as a chocolate fix!

1 comment:

  1. Well, just walk by a Godiva Chocolate counter once in a while and take a deep breath!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete