Friday, February 27, 2009

My Master

Three and a half years ago, my boyfriend and I moved to Bossier City from Texarkana. The reason we moved is because he was excepted as a graduate student at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Shreveport. He is in the masters program but ultimately wants his PHD. I am still an undergraduate, and I really don't have any plans of attending more school after I get my bachelor's degree.

It has been a rough journey for both of us, especially him. There has been many times when we were ready to just pack up our things and move back home to Texarkana. Somehow, we would be able to convince each other to stick it out.

We got some great news today. After several months of Jason working on his masters thesis, it has finally been approved by all four of the professors that needed to sign off on it. He is now a master of science. I am so proud of him!

This gives me great encouragement to continue on in my journey for higher education.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting that he has his master of science! My finance is at LSUS-HSC as well and his attending graduate school gives me hope that I can attending graduate school one day! I hope that eventually I can figure out what I want to get my masters in. I hope that you continue your journey in higher education if that is what you ultimately want to do! Good luck with everything and congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cool that your boyfriend earned his master's degree. I am glad that you are staying to work on your degree, as well. I hope that your journey for high education is fulfilling and successful. It will pay off, just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete